Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I have a civil judgement for �23k .The defendant post judgement

Customer Question

I have a civil judgement for �23k .The defendant post judgement transferred the car to a member of the family .This car was purchased cash for �12k but is still driven by the defendant .The high Court sheriffs accepted that the defendant no longer owns the car having just done a DVLA search .The high court sheriffs have said it a case of nil return .Help its not fair that she has use of her car or the money from its sale
Submitted: 1 year ago via InBrief.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. May I ask if the judgement debtor has any other assets you know of please?Do you know what has happened to the money from the sale? Was the car purchased at then market value for £12K?Do you think the debtor would wish to avoid bankruptcy?
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Would you like to continue?