Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

There, it's awkward how to explain my job role but in my

Customer Question

Hi there, it's awkward how to explain my job role but in my line of work in the army we ride horses on the same root everyday, on the root there is a certain point where the horses slip. ( this is something that happens often on the young horses that haven't done the root ) unfortunately for me I had this happen and the horse landed on me breaking my pelvis and causing me a year to recover and still feeling the effects of it. This has also effected my work massively mentally and physically and the futer prospect in the forces.
Is there a claim here possible against the army or land owner if the army has asked for the ground to be changed, or for constantly going the same root knowing of ground unsuitable.
Also for example kit we are issued. We wear ceremonial kit for example I was also dragged and we wasn't issued stirrups that are designed to loses your foot if you were dragged. And the helmet we wear has very little protection!
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 2 years ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
thanks for your interest in me but this isn't my area.
I will opt out for others.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to help you with this today. Please bear with me if I ask for more information.
Who owns the land?
If someone in the army was aware this was dangerous and had asked for it to be changed, why did they insist that you continue to use the same route?
With regard to the head protection. Was your head injured? Similarly, if you had different stirrups would that avoided the injury or would it not have been a severe?
Has anyone else been injured as a result of this?
How long have you been aware of this problem with the ground?
How long have you been aware of the problem with the ground particularly with the young horse that has never been on the route before?
Please bear with me over weekend because I will be online and off-line spasmodically and therefore, they may not get back to you immediately. Thank you