Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Type your question here.am in county court today as Santander

Customer Question

Type your question here.am in county court today as Santander are asking for the car to be reposessed we owe �3300 on the car original agreement was for �14,500 , due to a design fault we at our own cost had to replace the engine and edm at a personal cost of �5000 will judgement go against us Santander have not been at all helpful and if anything turned a blind eye . As soon as the work was complete(3 months of trying to get them to help) they demanded �1900 or would take us to court so far the car has cost �17000 .
Submitted: 1 year ago via InBrief.
Category: UK Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
BMW admitted last May that the fault which caused total engine failure WAS a design fault and are now recalling cars for repairs at the time of engine failure they denied there was a problem. We found an internal e mail from BMW saying there was a problem with the design of this particular engine, We informed Santander about this as they had a financial interest in the car but they refused to help
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. May I ask whether the car was purchased from new and whether you purchased it with a personal loan or on a hire contract or a lease agreement with the bank please?How soon after acquisition did the engine go wrong?Do you have BMWs admission of the fault in writing?
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Would you like to continue?