Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

There, I stole money from my previous employer a few months

Customer Question

Hi there, I stole money from my previous employer a few months back and got caught when I tried to again, I have been to the police station to make a statement and haven't heard anything since, I resigned from my job a day after they caught me so I didn't face disciplinary procedures and applied for a new job but my previous employer wouldn't give them a reference and told them I was sacked for gross misconduct even though this isn't true? Is there anything I can do about that? Also what will happen with the police
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi
Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I will try to help with this.
I can help you with the criminal matter but wouldn't know anything about the employment.
Or I can pass you onto an employment specialist but he probably won't be able to help with the criminal issue.
The same expert is not likely to be able to do both.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes please help me with the employment and then pass me over ?

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
I'm afraid that we can't both work on the same question.
I can pass you over to an employment lawyer but he probably won't be able to help with the criminal issue. You would need to ask another question about that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I will speak to you then

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help me then please?