Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I ve been done fraud working while on benifits

Customer Question

i ve been done for benifit fraud working while on benifits i was asked to pay it back witch i excepted then they took me to court i was fine and given a criminal record thats twice thats fine because it was my fault my question is now there wanting to sanction me 4 week under amended regulation loss of benifit 2010 i have just had a look and it does not refer my indvidule case can you advise me please I HAVE JUST FOUND OUT THE THE NEW LAW STARTED IN APR 1 2013

my fraud was started before the 1 apr 13 so do i come under the new law or does the old law apply apply it important i know

Submitted: 1 year ago via InBrief.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
Can you please explain your situation a little more detail please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i havent sign on for quite some time years my curcumstances change in jan 13 i separated from my wife took custerdy of my grandson up to that point my wife filled all the paperwork in i found out how hard it was when i had to do it myself i was moved from one benifit to an other and i still was working 10 hr a week because i filled the paperwork in in later found out that if they left me on esa there would not have been any fraud but they told me which to go on to cut things short i miss representive myself and found out i commited fraud i was asked to pay the money whichg back which i agreed then they took me to court and i was convicted and given a fine and on top of all that they have told me that in new regulation means that they are now wanting to sanction 4 weeks of my benifit even though i am on ESA and on sick and in the process of appealing my dla and my ESA and also that i am lcwra ( limited capabitlity for work related activities ) please advice

Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. This is not really my area now I have the further information. I will opt out for another expert.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you could not or even tried to anwser my question i would like a full refund thanks