Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I emailed my MP with concerns over an urgent problem.

Customer Question

Hello, I emailed my MP with concerns over an urgent problem. She contacted the group I was talking to her about and gave them my name etc. I have just received email from group "telling me off" for bothering her at this time. I thought my contact with her was in confidence. This has seriously undermined my faith in the system. Confidential or not please?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
What would you like to know about this?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I first contacted this woman, parliamentary candidate not as current MP. She is starting a running race on 17th over PROW. As I am landowner on a tiny part of this route I need to know about insurance etc. Organiser was vague.
She offered to ask Rotory Club on my behalf. At that point I think I made the mistake of assuming my name etc would not be given to them.
The email I got back form the event organiser shows my name was not only given but it looks as though a certian amount of "moaning" took place too
Question was she totally within her rights to pass on all conversation?Optional Information:
What have you tried so far?: I understand that you have written to Anne Milton MP with you concerns; this really saddens me immensely and I think you are very inconsiderate bothering Anne at such a critical time with the General Election looming! You could have waited until after the election. This was part of the email sent to me by the event organiser
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
I’m not certain what either of you are getting at here. If the general election is looming, she should have better things to do than go running around the countryside or am I missing something?However I can’t understand why you didn’t take this up with the organisers. Why didn’t you do that directly with them? What you ultimately looking to achieve?