Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

I am the policyholder of a joint-life policy with Prudential insuring

Customer Question

I am the policyholder of a joint-life policy with Prudential insuring my wife and I.
My brother and sister are joint Trustee’s of the policy and, as they are themselves quite elderly (aged 73 and 75 respectively). I understand I can use a Deed of Assignment to remove them as trustee’s and replace them with our two daughters (aged 41 and 43) who are the joint beneficiaries of our estate anyway?
Can I get a quotation to prepare this document please?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for your question. I will be very pleased to assist you. I'm a practising lawyer in England with over 10 years experience. May I clarify that your brother and sister are quite amenable to being replaced please or whether they would resist?Do you have the trust document available that could be emailed to me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My brother and sister are quite amenable. I can scan and email the policy.
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. You would appear to require a Deed of Retirement and Appointment of new Trustees. This is not a partiuclarly difficult deed to prepare and I would be happy ot prepare a draft you can use for the purpose for a fee of £100 if that is acceptable to you. Alternatively you could ask a local solicitor to prepare one for you. Costs for this would typically be in the order of £225-275 + VAT.
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
Would you like to continue?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I consider this website a "con".
I was lead to believe the cost of the reply would be £11 and you charged £33. I want a refund please. If I don't get one I will report you to Trading Standards and VISA.
Gerald Dudley
Expert:  Joshua replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry to read your comments though I have been associated as an independent solicitor with this site for 5 years and respectfully ***** ***** not a con. There is no diffiulty with a refund - you only pay what you select to pay on the screen. Unfortunately solicitor assistance is not realistically going to be available for £11 on the high street, online or anywhere else other than citizens advice. Customer services will help you with a refund without any difficulties. Trading Standards will not be able to assist as the site is US owned and with respect there are no need for such comments - they can be contacted using the below link:http://ww2.justanswer.co.uk/en-gb/help/how-can-i-request-refund