Stuart J
Stuart J, Solicitor
Experience:  PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice

If the Defendant asks the Claimant for a document that is cited

If the Defendant asks the Claimant for a document that is cited in the Particulars of Claim, should the Claimant also send a copy to the court after he has provided a copy to the Defendant; and if so how should it be filed in court? Thank you.
Thank you for the question. It is my pleasure to help you with this today. Please bear with me if I ask for more information.
It can be good practice that anything sent to the claimant should be copied to the court, although it will eventually be included in the agreed court bundle of documents.
Beware, however, would inundating the court with miscellaneous correspondence
Under normal circumstances, you would just send it with a covering letter saying here with document for the file which has been requested and supplied the other side.
I am assuming that it is not any kind of claim form, but is simply a document that they have asked for.
If that is the case, I would probably say it for the court bundle.
I would however tell the other side. You don't want to bombard the court with documents and correspondence, and therefore you are not sent a copy to the court did they think it appropriate, you are happy to do so and invite them to do the same.
Does that answer the question?
Can I answer any specific points?