Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

on 11 march 1991 my solicitor lied to me about how benefit deductions were taken from an a

on 11 march 1991 my solicitor lied to me about how benefit deductions were taken from an award by the motor insurance bureau. I cannot afford a solicitor so wish to represent myself. my evidence has been examined by a firm and they have advised me to ask the SRA for firms with legal aid franchises in my area. however I have been advised that this could result in costs to me which I cannot afford. is the tort of lie dealt with civil or criminal court. contemporaneous evidence exists from a matter ledger of payments made to me in 1991 and three medical reports that I vaguely remember but assumed that they had no significance because another did not advise me as to their contents and also from my diary for 1991
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate once you get my answer.

This would appear to be a claim in negligence and as such it is a civil matter. You may however be able to find a firm who will take this matter on a no win no fee basis, but I am afraid that it is not something in the criminal sphere, but civil.

Please rate.