Max Lowry
Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
51031577

Civil proceedings fear tampering with the evidence

Civil proceedings. Where it is feared the other party might tamper with the evidence they hold is there any way to require that party to exchange that sensitive evidence at an early stage such that they would then be unable to tamper with it as it would be verified by a third party.

Max Lowry :

Hi, welcome to the site. I will help you with your question.

Max Lowry :

It is possible to obtain a detention or preservation order if you can show that the other side is likely to tamper with, or lose, evidence. Also, it's possible to obtain a search and seizure order when your believe that evidence is going to be destroyed and/or manipulated. Before you can get these orders, which are very powerful, you need to be able to show that you have a well founded fear that the evidence may be manipulated and/or destroyed.

Customer:

Thank you. I am grateful. I will research this and come back to you if I have any further questions.