Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

Hi. Do cautions shows up on basic disclosures? I had a caution

Hi. Do cautions shows up on basic disclosures? I had a caution for shoplifting in 2010; will it be spent now and will it show up on a basic disclosure CRB check?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Cautions are spent immediately and so will not show on a basic CRB check. There is no need to worry. This will not show.

Is that all you wanted to know?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Jo. That's great, a huge relief! I assume they show on enhanced? Are they ever removed from showing on an enhanced disclosure?
They drop off enhanced disclosure after 6 years under the new rules.

No problem and all the best.

Remember that I am always available to help with your questions. Even if I am in Court I will usually pick up a question within 12 hours. For future information, please start your question with ‘For Jo C’.