Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My next door neighbour has accused me of reporting him to environmental

My next door neighbour has accused me of reporting him to environmental health and council/police. He hasn't given me any details about complaints made against him and is extremely abusive towards me. He uses vile language and says I am stalking him ( I spoke to him, from my garden, to ask him had he got to the bottom of the matter yet!)
He says he was told it was an" immediate neighbour".
I have never reported him to any authorities about anything at all although several of us (neighbours) have reason to!!!
Up to now, we have had a good relationship so I was very shocked and distressed when he was so nasty.
I know the authorities won't tell me who did complain, but would they be able to say that it WASN'T me?
Thanks for your question. Please remember to rate once you get my answer.

The LA are restricted from saying who made the calls as you are aware under the Data protection Act - technically there is nothing to stop them telling your neighbour that it was not you. They are however under no obligation to tell him this I am afraid - but equally there is nothing to stop them from telling him - it was not you. If he continues to prove vile and difficult you may have to call the police if he continues in this vein.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for that info. i will contact relevant authorities tomorrow if i can get hold of anyone. May i contact you further if needed? Unfortunately, leaving for Australia Nov 1st so don't have much time to try and sort out this matter.