Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

hi,Im a eea citizen. I live and work in UK for 8 years.

hi,
I'm a eea citizen. I live and work in UK for 8 years. Does my newborn baby is in title to get nationality? How do I apply for it?
Many thanks.
Justyna
Hi

Have you had your Permanent Residence at acknowledged by the ukba?

Kind regards

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hi,

I have been registered at WRS about 7 years ago and obtain UK residence documantation for a national of an EEA state in June 2009. This card has no renewal date.

Jusyna

Okay. Thanks, Jusyna

What nationality is the father of the child please?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Polish as well. He's been living in UK more or less this same time. Has been registered at WRS scheme as well.

Drafing your answer now. 5 mins please.

Kind regards,

Tom
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

As you will see from the following UKBA webpage on citizenship to children born in the UK the requirements in respect of a child born to EEA citizens depend on whether the parents of children are considered free of immigration time restrictions at the time of the child’s birth:-
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/britishcitizenship/othernationality/Britishcitizenship/borninukorqualifyingterritory/

Please refer to the heading titled “If your parents are citizens of the European Economic Area (EEA)”. IN particular please refer to the final three paragraphs of that section.
You will see that since 30 April 2006 an EEA citizen is considered to be free of immigration time limits after they have exercised their Treaty rights for any continuous 5-year period. You automatically receive “permanent residence” staus, thought you do not actually get sent anything about it. Therefore provided you are able to show that you have exercised your treaty rights in the UK (eg by working) then you will have permanent residence. This means that your child should automatically receive UK citizenship. Therefore, your child should be able to apply for a UK passport in the normal way provided that you can prove all of this.

You should apply for the child’s passport and provided that you are able to show that you have exercise treaty rights in the UK for 5 years prior to the child’s birth then the child will receive a UK passport.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

Regards.

Justyna