Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

how do i get transcripts from a criminal court case against

how do i get transcripts from a criminal court case against me?

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

Why do you want these please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was sentenced to 3 years with a guilty plea for benefit fraud and identity theft. the investigator from the benefit office stood up at my sentencing without being sworn in and told the judge I broke my bail conditions and sent another letter under the stolen identity. I was given an extra 6 months for this. This was untrue and I have requested copies of this letter and I can not get a reply from the council.

You need to complete this form

And fax it to the relevant court centre to request a transcript.

You can also use this transcript service

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is this the right course of action? Once I have the transcripts is there anyway to force the council to give me a copy of the letter?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I don't know if this matters but i did once have a copy of the transcripts from my appeal but i gave it to my probation officer. I moved counties so i moved probation offices. The transcripts i had given my original probation got transferred through with my file and my new probation won't give them back

You cannot force the council to hand the letter over at this stage. I suppose a court could direct it maybe but it doesn't really matter what the letter said.

The issue is what was said in court.

I suppose if the transcripts exist you can get a court seized of the matter to direct that probation hand them over but I would be amazed if they hadn't lost them. Probation are not the white heat of efficiency.
Thank you for the positive rating and remember that I am always available to help with your questions. For future information, please start your question with ‘FOR JO C’