Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB (HONS) Over 23 years legal experience specialising in Property law and Wills/Estates
16368554

If, as an executor of my father estate along side my sister,

If, as an executor of my father estate along side my sister, we both obtain a Grant of Probate, will be both have to deal with organisations such as banks (i.e. requiring two signatures) or can just one of us deal with the bank?
Thank you for your question here on Just answer. It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today. Please bear with me if I need to ask for any further information from you in order for me to be able to advise you fully. My name isXXXXX and I am a practising solicitor. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.
Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case. I will be online and off-line all day most weekdays and weekends.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I did not get an answer but was asked an open question.

Hello there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

If both of you apply for Probate, then to enable any accounts to be closed, the withdrawal forms will need to be signed by both of you.

It is perfectly ok for one of you to write to the Banks etc on behalf of both of you, but the appropriate forms will need both signatures.

I hope this answers your question, and if so, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.

Kind Regards

AL

Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience: LLB (HONS) Over 23 years legal experience specialising in Property law and Wills/Estates