Thomas
Thomas, Lawyer
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
28732269

we have to walk through another shop to use a sink and water

we have to walk through another shop to use a sink and water and a toilet which is owned by our landlord, because they are separate shops does he have to provide us with the provision of a sink and toilet seperately

Is this for a commercial lease?

Tom
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes
Hi

Thanks for your patience.

I am afraid there is no obligation on the landlord to install a separate toilet for you UNLESS there is something in the Lease which refers to him having to install a toilet.

There is limited protection for tenants under commercial leases. They are generally left to negotiate the lease and all of it’s terms according to their own interests. There is no statute which compels a landlord to install a toilet.

In these circumstances unless the landlord has a contractual responsibility to install a toilet then he does not have to. He would have a contractual responsibility only if the lease that you signed contained clause stating that the landlord should install a toilet.

If there is no such clause, then there is no such responsibility on the landlord unfortunately.

I am very sorry..

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Tom
Is there any further information you require?

I just want to ensure that you are satisfied, so please let me know if you have any further queries on your position. Please remember to RATE my answer, if you are satisfied.

Kind regards,

Tom