How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Your Own Question
Thomas, Lawyer
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 7581
Experience:  BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

hello my grilfriend is from russia and is over here on a tier2

This answer was rated:

my grilfriend is from russia and is over here on a tier2 charity worker visa which she has had extended for another 6 months. we are wondering whether she will be able to then apply for visitor visas until im earning 18600 and we can get married.
im a uk citizen working part time in receipt of housing benefit living by myself. my girlfriend is living with me.
thanks in advance.

Thanks for your patience.

If your girlfriend cannot extend her visa at the end of it for switch in to another category and you do not earn £18600 yet then her only option would be to return to her home country.

As you have correctly identified, should she then wish to come to the UK to see you then she would have to apply for visitor’s visas when she does so.

She should be granted visitor’s visas, provided that you are able to demonstrate that she has a continuing life in her home country which obligates her to return before the expiry of each visitor’s visas.

Visitor’s are not permitted to spend more than 6 months in the UK during any 12 month period of course, which is important for you to note.

Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE or above if you are satisfied that you have received the correct legal advice (even if it is not the answer you wanted to hear), otherwise I do not receive any credit for answering your question.

If you are not willing to rate my answer as OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE then allow me to assist further by replying asking what clarification you require rather than rating my answer at levels below.

If you wish for me to provide you with further guidance on any question you may have in the future then please submit a further question to the board requesting me either by my profile or by marking your question. “FAO Tom”.

Kind regards,

Thomas and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you