Jenny Mackenzie
Jenny Mackenzie,
Experience:  Over 10 years experience in general legal matters
32019188

I have one employee I need to make redundant and he has been

I have one employee I need to make redundant and he has been employed since 05.01.09. I only have one other employee whose role is completely different.
I plan to consult with him on 25.09 and make him redundant effective 01.10.13. I plan to pay him 5 weeks on full pay in lieu of notice and a further 8 weeks on full pay as a redundancy payment. Is this process satisfactory and do I have to inform the insolvency service? I plan to keep the business ticking over in the hope that business will improve in the future.

Jenny Mackenzie :

Hello and welcome to Just Answer, I assume the business will remain in operation after the employee is made redundant and can you confirm that no one else will be carrying out his role?

Customer:

That is correct

Jenny Mackenzie :

Hi in that case there is absolutely no need for you to contact the insolvency service. You need to pay him as you have stated along with a payment in lieu of untaken holiday (if applicable) to the end of the notice period.

Jenny Mackenzie :

If you have any further questions please ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would give my answer a positive rating. Thank you and all the best.