How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Thomas Judge Your Own Question
Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 32885
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Thomas Judge is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My neighbour has put in a planning application to build a large

This answer was rated:

My neighbour has put in a planning application to build a large double extension to the rear of his property . One side of the extension is a continuation of the brickwork from the end of his house which is the boundary line between his and my property, but the soffit board and guttering which extends a long way overhangs over the boundary into my property is he allowed to do this.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to RATE once you get my answer.

He is not allowed to do this without your permission as the overhang constitutes a trespass. It is irrelevant on the issue of trespass that he has planning permission (that is just a matter between him and the council). He would need your permission as to the work and if you refuse to give permission (and there is no reason for you to give permission on this design) then he will have to amend the plans.

Please rate
Thomas Judge and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you