Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience
27487359

My neighbour has put in a planning application to build a large

My neighbour has put in a planning application to build a large double extension to the rear of his property . One side of the extension is a continuation of the brickwork from the end of his house which is the boundary line between his and my property, but the soffit board and guttering which extends a long way overhangs over the boundary into my property is he allowed to do this.
Thanks for your question. Please remember to RATE once you get my answer.

He is not allowed to do this without your permission as the overhang constitutes a trespass. It is irrelevant on the issue of trespass that he has planning permission (that is just a matter between him and the council). He would need your permission as to the work and if you refuse to give permission (and there is no reason for you to give permission on this design) then he will have to amend the plans.

Please rate