Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience

Can I sue somebody stole and misuse my tape.

I let him stay in my house when he come to UK from australia ( in Jan.2103). He proposed me and I declined, He stole my sex tape with my exboyfriend and pictures from my computer.He show them my sister and nephew in Australia,in revenge; apparently my relation with my blood family has broken down.I'm not a celebrity.

Can I sue/charge him as its stole my privacy.

Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

Where is he based now?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He lives in Syney. Australia. That's why I'm thinking I need to file complaint there( if I decided to). But i don't know if i need to start here as it happen here; like I said.

As the offence occurred in the UK then I would advise the UK police about the incident, upon which they can record your formal complaint.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still need to know if there is a law against what he has done.

The starting point is that this is theft if these items were stolen without your permission.