How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Max Lowry Your Own Question
Max Lowry
Max Lowry, Advocate
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 1457
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Max Lowry is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Im using the small claims process online. Im claiming £840.00. I

This answer was rated:

I'm using the small claims process online. I'm claiming £840.00.

I submitted a judgment against Mr X and Miss Emma Y on 12/08/2013
My judgment against Miss Y was issued on 13/08/2013
My judgment against Mr X was issued on 13/08/2013

Have read through all my options and I believe that my best option will be to make an
Application for order that debtor attend court for questioning. Then I can see if they are employed and have any ability to pay ETC.

My questions are:
1. All the above took place on Line - do I now use paper forms and the postman?
2. I think I need form :
N316 Application for order that debtor attend court for questioning (03.02)
Who do I send it too, Northampton or their local court?
3. Is there a fee to pay or will they send me an invoice?

Am I even on the right track?

Kind Regards Simon.

Max Lowry :

Hi, welcome to the site. I will help you with your question.

Max Lowry :

For enforcement, you need to go back to the paper and postman. Especially with an order to attend court for questionning.

Max Lowry :

Form N316 is the correct form.

Max Lowry :

The form needs to be sent to the court that gave you judgment, which I expect was Northampton? It will then transfer the application and the proceedings to a local court.

Max Lowry :

You need to send the court fee, made payable to HMCTS, for £50.


Thanks Max much appreciated

Max Lowry :

You're welcome. Could I ask you to rate the answer as highly as you can for me please?




Of course top marks- see you another time

Max Lowry and other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you

Related UK Law Questions