Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience

how long it will take to answer DL

how long it will take to answer DL
Thanks for your question. Please remember to RATE once you get my answer.

Can you provide some more information as t the background and your question please
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

hello i came to uk on visit visa 9 months back my wife and my both two kids are uk nationals .my wife used to live with me in my home country but we used to come here quite often show up our daughter for her eye treatment. last time when we came we made up our mind that my wife along with the kids and my self will settle in london. i came along with my wife to set up everything for her and then i had a plan of going bak to my home country and apply for suppose visa. But while staying with the family we realised if i try to go back even for few days to apply for visa it would be difficult for my wife to take care of kids.

My daughter is having eye problem and she has to be looked after every day.

i s[poke to my lawer and they advised me to apply for Discreationry leave

to remain in UK on the basis of my daughter 's medical condition and my wife not copping to take care of both of the kids alon

What do you actually want to know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

according to you how long normally it will take ukba to make a decision on my application

Anyone can apply for Discretionary leave to remain in the UK. Any such application will be considered outside the Immigration Rules. You need to demonstrate exceptional and compassionate circumstances.

It is not uncommon to take a month, but have seen it take considerable longer. Make sure you take copies of everything. As it appears common that things get lost
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

is there any possibility if i want to chase my application in ukba.

There is absolutely nothing to stop you from chasing your application. Sometimes this will work.

Please remember to rate, I will still be happy to help