Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years experience in business law and related topics such as employment law
18726264

I have offred to donate my time share to the company and have

I have offred to donate my time share to the company and have also tried to sell - using a Soliccitor and have spent over £3000. Last year I telephoned XXXXXXXXXXX and was told by XX XXXX XXXX not to send any more money to XXXX XXXXX as they would be unable to pursue me for arrears in this Country - as they are based in France. Is this correct?? BETTY BROUGH FROM BARNET

Thank you for your question. Can you give me a bot more background? Can you explain who XXXXX XXXXX is? Was this a UK solicitor that you used? and what advice did they give you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

XXXX XXXX was contacted by me through the XXX contact number XXXXX XXXXX as listed in a XXXXX XXXXXX reply in the XXXX Magazine dated November - no year listed - maybe 2011 or 2012. Prior to this I had used my family Solicitor who was blocked on all sides in an attempt to dispose of this property. I attempted a sale through XXXX XXXXX but Ms. XXXXXX XXXXXXX extracated me from this contract as they refused to offer the property for less than 825 euros - per each week - even though I said that Iwas prepared to give it away. Please contact me if I can help any further. Betty

I am not sure how much assistance I can offer her. If this is a french property then they can certainly sue you in this county for arrears of maintenance. That is by far the biggest problem with timeshare - if you simply default then they can sue you. Giving it away will not let you escape from the liability. You need to be able to cancel or have a defence of misrepresentation on the original purchase. Of course it does not follow that because they can sue that they will but it is a risk . I suspect your solicitor may have told you this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did in fact give you a rating of adequate. I feel that I have a strong case against Club Hotel as I have made ecvery efffort to dispose of the property and they have ignored all letters etc from my Solicitor. I have no alternative now but to ignore all their bills for maintenance. There appear to be many more people in my position in relation to this particular company. Your representative -previously mentioned told me that the whole thing was a scam and not to send them a ny more money Betty Brough
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did in fact give you a rating of adequate. I feel that I have a strong case against Club Hotel as I have made ecvery efffort to dispose of the property and they have ignored all letters etc from my Solicitor. I have no alternative now but to ignore all their bills for maintenance. There appear to be many more people in my position in relation to this particular company. Your representative -previously mentioned told me that the whole thing was a scam and not to send them a ny more money Betty Brough I accept your original bill bu tdo not wish to pay for anyhting else
HI Betty - thanks for your response. If you give me the detail of the timeshare co I am happy to do a bit more research. As you may be able to see all the names have been blanked out of our exchange by the system. As you say there are a lot of scams around the timeshare sector and if of course the company itself is not genuine they may well not pursue further claims. Happy to look into it further for you.