Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
12826847

If someone is in cat d and the transferred to cat a few weeks

If someone is in cat d and the transferred to cat b a few weeks prior to parole date does that mean he will automatically have his parole declined or can it be accepted and released fro cat b?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

-Could you explain your situation a little more?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The prisoner has been in open cat d prison and his parole is coming up if he was to be transferred to a cat b or c prison during the weeks before the parole date. Does the likelihood of his release be seized or does he have a chance of still being released?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Has he actually been converted himself from cat d to cat b or just sent to a different cat prison?

If so, why? Was there an incident?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sent to a cat b. I'm not sure I know they said they were Investigating after receiving a malicious call but was nothing that he has done. I don't know full details but just wanted to know if it is possible to be released from cat b and if their are circumstances when your a moved to cat b temperarily and if you can be transferred back within weeks of the I urial transfer and on what bases?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Apologies for the grammar. No convictions just transferred from cat d to a cat b. Not aware of any incident. Once transferred can you be transferred back from a b to a d? Does it automatically have an impact on a parole if all sentence has been good and with no issues?
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
HAHAH! No problem.

Thank you for the information.

This could certainly impact on his parole. Its not the fact of the transfer per se but the fact of the allegation which lead to the transfer.

Obviously the Parole Board can find no merit in the allegation but probably we both know what Parole Boards are like generally about things like that.

Nevertheless, a person certainly can be released on Parole from cat b. Its not a categorisation of a prisoner that dictates release on Parole. Its the risk that he presents to society. Obviously the higher the category generally the greater the risk but not necessarily.

You can be transferred back very quickly. Categorisation is for the Governor and a decision can be revisited.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you. The fact the cat b and d prison is in the same area must indicate that the transfer would be easier if needed. Will section 5 5:8 from the categorisation and allocation of adu
T male prisoners come into it? I have been doing a lot of research. Thank you once again you have been so helpful. It's just the system doesn't always seem fair. Always seems to be set backs beyond our control without justifiable reason.
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Transfers and categorisations are easy. There's no real complication in it. Its just that prison admin generally does leave much to be desired.

Being in Cat B without good reason will not mean that he cannot receive parole.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience: Over 5 years in practice.