Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Experience:  30 years experience in business law and related topics such as employment law

does a patent granted in any country protect against sale within that country of products

does a patent granted in any country protect against sale within that country of products made in other countries?
Thank you for your question. In principle yes if there is a valid patent in the UK for example any product sold in the UK has to be licensed by the patent holder or it will infringe that patent regardless of where it is manufactured.

Please me know what else you wish to know about this.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for your answer. However I meant if someone creates a product which duplicates the patentable features independently of my patented product can it legally be sold in the country which has patented my design?

No if it infringes your patent by using patented features without your consent then it cannot be sold. You can sue for patent infringement. The whole point of a patent is to prevent someone replicating or copying the patented invention - it does not have to be the same product if it uses the patented invention.