Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm

hi ive owned money to a bank fo 6 years now,since i became

hi ive owned money to a bank fo 6 years now,since i became currently on employment & support allowance,recently incapacity benefit..over the last 6 years owing the money,due to illness.ive never willingly accepted liability to any phone calls,or correspondance to any there a time lapse,when they can still retrieve there moneys?
My name isXXXXX and I am a Solicitor based in London. I'm happy to help with your question today.

There is a time limit under the Limitations Act 1980.

The time limit is 6 years from the date of breach or default to commence court proceedings.

Once 6 years has passed from the date of the breach then proceedings are time barred although in principle the debt is still owed.

Also the default or account is removed from your credit file after the 6 year period has passed.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

q.1 also like to point out that i have not willingly admitted liable through any correspondence,ie; phone calls or letters..q2. would i need a lawyer?.q3 what chance % wise of this litigation been thrown out of court?..

Hi, thank for coming back to me.

The questions don't make sense by themselves. Could you please give me a little more background?