Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience

hi ya can you help me on 3/4/2012 i had a call from online

hi ya can you help me on 3/4/2012 i had a call from online pc hub they sead my pc was infected and for a fee of £229.89+vat they can clean it for me so i payed them for a 12 mouth concrate but now they are saying i own them £229.89 +vat for 12 mouths can i cancel it now
Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

You will need to see the terms of the contract which you will have entered into with them in April. I would imagine as this is becoming more common that the contract you signed has a rolling contract. The terms may well be unfair under the Unfair Terms Contract Act and I would suggest that prior to paying any money to them that you check the terms of the contract. Debt collectors will usually only write letters to you for this sum of money. The key is the contract. If it is a rolling contract then you should make sure whatever happens that you write to them formally immediately to cancel same so as to avoid ongoing charges.

Please remember to RATE