Alex Hughes
Alex Hughes, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm with 25 years legal experience
30932268

Hello Alex I spoke with you yesterday about my business partner

Hello Alex I spoke with you yesterday about my business partner who stole my 50% share of my company,I have drafted a letter to email to his solicitor would you be able to read though it changing words you feel need changing as I want this letter to sound as professional as possible as I am representing myself at the moment thank you this is my letter In response to your letter dated 21st August 2013.The false allegations of fraud made against myself by your client have been fully investigated by the police and the CID.As you will be aware no evidence was found in support of any of your clients arguments and therefore all charges were dropped.I would like to make an attempt to settle this matter without the need for trial.Both I and your client entered into a business together on the 3rd of March 2010.Starting a new company called Spacetrak Entertainment Limited company number 07168934, both I and your clients held 50% each of the company and both were appointed company directors. Both I and your clients each invested £27,000 into the company.It is alleged without my knowledge or authorisation on the 21 October 2011 a fraudulent termination of my directorship of the company was filed at Companies House.It is clear from the registered public document that the signature on the termination of directorship is completely different to that of mine and for this I have clear evidence and I am willing to send such documents off for forensic testing should I take this matter further.Companies House who hold this document, have stated that they will hand this document over to the police on the basis that a criminal investigation is pursued.My 50% ownership of shares in this company have also been transferred fully and fraudulently to your clients sole name without my knowledge or authorisation.I currently wishes to pursue this as a criminal mater of fraud for the amount of £27,000, which is the total value that I have contributed towards setting up the company and subsequently lost as a result of fraudulent activities.As you would be aware the current sentencing guidelines for such fraud based on a guilty finding are between 2-6 years imprisonment.We understand that this trial would be highly detrimental to your clients position and on the basis of settling this matter out of court we ask that your client to repay me a total loss of £27,000.I also ask for my Bentley vehicle with the registration mark S4MMS to be returned to me in the same condition as it was when taken by your clients agent Mr Winny Hacttrect on behalf of your client on the 26 August 2010.Photographs of the vehicle taken by myself on the day the vehicle was taken to Holland are available for comparison on the date the vehicle is returned to me. I asks that there be no more than 23,000 miles on the odometer on the vehicle as a condition of your client taking the vehicle for one month only was on the basis the vehicle was to be kept in storage for the entire period of the month. When the vehicle was taken the mileage on the vehicle was exactly 22,110 miles.I asks that for every mile over 23,000, your client is to pay £10 per mile as advised by the Bentley dealership.I ask that once the vehicle has been returned in the exact condition that our client has asked, your client is to pay for a full AA inspection and service to insure that the vehicle has not suffered any damage.Should there be any damage to the vehicle we ask that your client pays the full amount requested to repair such damage.I asks that your client reimburses me for the full amount paid to insure the vehicle for the unauthorised extended time that your client has kept the vehicle in his possession. This amount of £12,600 is the total amount that has accrued for the past three years of which I have had to pay as a result of your clients failure to return the vehicle within the initial stipulated time.I ask that your client pays the full amount of depreciation that has accumulated from the 26 August 2010 to the date that the vehicle is returned to me. This amount is currently valued at £10,000 per annum.To date it is £30,000 that your client is to pay me for the three years your client has held the vehicle.It is also requested that your client reimburses me for any costs incurred for correspondence and any and all paperwork requested by DVLA as the vehicle has been out of the UK for over 3 years.I ask that your client pays for a full MOT andXXXXXtax as the vehicle hadXXXXXtax remaining at the time when taken on the 26 August 2010.I ask that all of my legal fees incurred as a result of your clients false allegations of fraud are to be met by your client, to date this amount is currently at £29,300.As a condition of settling out of court and without police intervention, we would ask that your client is to be removed as an intervener in my divorce proceedings, your client should no longer require to be considered a part of these proceedings.On the basis that your client agrees with my attempt to settle this matter, i shall feel no need to pursue a criminal action for fraud against your client.Although I will pursue my case of fraud against your client within 7 days of receipt of this correspondence.I look forward to your response in due course.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I'm Wendy, and I’m a moderator for this topic. I sent Alex a message to follow up with you here, when he is back online.

If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

Best,
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Wendy if it is possible that you can find someone to read and edit the letter I drafted as I wanted it to be as professional as possible (using as many long words as possible)!!!! Thanks again do you think I will have it by tomorrow morning? X
Expert:  Alex Hughes replied 1 year ago.
Hi there!

I am online and will have a look at your question now.

Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much Alex
OK. I have had a look at your letter. I have made a few minor adjustments but overall it looks fine to me. The only thing you should add is a summary of the amounts your are claiming and the total sum to be paid. On the basis that this is likely to be substantial I suggest you allow 14 days for payment before commencing proceedings. If you click on the following word your letter should appear as a word document LETTER
Alex Hughes, Solicitor/Partner
Experience: Partner in national law firm with 25 years legal experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much alex
May I suggest the following should be your last two paragraphs:

Summary of Claim:

1. Loss of shares £27,000
2.
3.
4.

TOTAL SUM DUE:

On the basis that your client agrees with my attempt to settle this matter, I shall feel no need to pursue a criminal action for fraud against. However if the sums due are not paid within 14 days of the date of this letter I will have no option but to pursue legal proceedings.

Yours Faithfully etc....

I am happy to have another look at your finished article. In the meantime please remember to rate my answer.

Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes the last 2 paragraphs sound great can you please add it the the first bit you sent me I'm sorry I am terrible at using this iPad!!! Thanks again Alex you have been a great help I will rate you right away!!!
No problem.

I attach the amended letter below:

DRAFT LETTER

I am never one for sending out letters in the heat of the moment - so I suggest that you wait 48 hours and mull over the contents. There may be other things you wish to add.

Also if you're happy to wait until Thursday morning I may be able to add more to the letter to make it more compliant with the format recommended under the Civil Procedure Rules Pre-Action Protocol.

Please do let me know how you wish to proceed.

Also the costs that you've added (circa.£29K) - can you provide a breakdown? Do you have some proof?

Any documents you have in support of your claim ought to listed as an enclosure and attached to the letter.

Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex yes you right I will wait until Thursday for to add more to the letter if that's ok? As I will get one chance to do it properly , my email address isXXX@XXXXXX.XXX and my mobile number is XXXXX I will go through all my payments made to my previous solicitors and get all the documents ready for Thursday, thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you on Thursday. Thanks Alex
No problem.

Please send me a message via this Q&A session so that I can respond.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What time will you do the letter on Thursday please?
Good morning

I will have it tidied up and ready around 10am on Thursday morning.

Regards

Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Alex , do you know the sums that we have to add up for the summary how will we do the road tax and mot and extra mileage and other bits that we haven't got a figure for? Will you be able to think of something for that bit please sorry to bother you with extra work I will pay extra because you have been a great help for me thanks again I look forward to reading the letter tomorrow
Good morning

As promised I have tidied up the letter of claim for you and attach a copy below. please do let me know if there is anythjng else I can help you with:

LETTER OF CLAIM
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much you have been a great help
My pleasure. Please remember to take a moment to rate my answer so that I am credited for my time. Thank you and have a great day. Alex
Alex Hughes, Solicitor/Partner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Alex I rated you and also sent a tip lol but I think it charged me an extra £54? I won't know until I get my statement but its ok thank you for all you help once they reply I will get back I touch with you either to join me on holiday if they send me the car and money or most likely to help me write them a letter back !!! Thanks again pal
No problem. I'm always happy to help. If you've been overcharged then please let me know and I will ask customer services to give you a refund. I want you to be 100% happy and come back to me in future! Have a great day and please let me know how things work out. Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will do thanks again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello is it possible to get in touch with Alex Hughes please as I would like him to answer my question as he has been dealing with my problem thank you
Hi- I'm online and available to help. What would you like to know? Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Alex I hope your ok I sent that letter off yesterday , I just thought of an idea to put pressure on them, on the termination of appointment of directors form that Ryan fraudulently signed, I noticed he used an account company called RSM Tenon based in LondonXXXXX the person who helped Ryan isn't named but they are the accountants for my company Spacetrak, how much would it cost for you to write a letter to them to tell them what Ryan did and how he used them to fraudulently steal my shares, also why did they not speak or write to me to tell me or even just check to see if Ryan was telling the truth? Instead they believed everything he told them got them to send it to the companies address which was Ryan's home address and the accountant even wrote with a pen director next to the fake signature as if he witnessed it, I would like you to tell them we will be to their regulatory authority, I want them to really kick off on Ryan on Monday so that he has no choice but to settle with myself due to pressure from his accountants!!! Do you think it is possible to write a letter please? If you tell me how much it would cost please so that I can send it tomorrow morning so it gets their for Monday morning please thanks Alex
Good evening and thanks for coming back to me.

I can certainly help you draft a letter but it would have to go out in your name and signed by you.

Unfortunately, because JA is a question and answer site, I am not allowed to act privately on your behalf and send letters.

But, I am more than happy to help you with a letter as I did the other day.

Alex
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes Alex that's what I meant if you just do what you did last time il put my name to it and sign it, would you be able to do it tonight please so I can post it before the post office closes at 1130am tomorrow? Sorry to rush you ps do you think it's a good idea!!!
Yes, of course. BUT you have to pen something and then I will check it and make adjustments to help you as we did before. If you do it this evening I can make sure you have the letter ready by 10 am tomorrow morning. All you then need to do is rate my answer so that I am paid for my time. Hope that's okay and look forward to receiving a draft from you.
Alex Hughes, Solicitor/Partner
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear sirs We write to inform you that we are currently pursuing an action for fraud against one of your clients, MrXXXXXXX. This action relates to a fraudulently signed termination of directorship dated 21 October 2011 which is alleged to have been committed by your client and aided either knowingly or innocently by you. This document was arranged to be sent out to Mr XXXXXX former home address by yourselves on the presumption that I would be terminating my directorship of the company Space Trak Entertainment Ltd. Unbeknown to my knowledge of the situation it is alleged that your client Mr XXXXX fraudulently signed a termination of directorship to remove me from the board of directors of the company. This document was filed then filed at Companies House by yourselves. As an accountant you have failed according to our estimation to carry out the necessary checks before taking such action. I have attached a copy of the appointment of directorship originally signed by myself and the termination of directorship form TM01 which is alleged to be fraudulently signed by your client. Alex if you want to add something about the finger printing or anything from the last letter feel free, I'm going to rate you now so that you can start the letter, thanks again and I look forward to your letter tomorrow morning thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just paid £54 thanks again Alex
Thank you so much! Its unbelievable that you've paid and rated excellent before the task is complete. I will make sure this is ready for you by the agreed time. Thanks again!! Alex
Please find attached your letter which I have read and amended. You will see that I have made some adjustments just to make things a little more clearer:

LETTER TO ACCOUNTANT