How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jo C. Your Own Question
Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 69773
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Jo C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX this is my story: on 26 June 2013

This answer was rated:

Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX this is my story: on 26 June 2013 at around 12.00 I was arrested at my home on suspicion of burglary. My fingerprints were taken, I was photographed and then for 5 hours I was locked in a cell. The same day I was released at around 18.00 after I was first interrogated. All of this has happened to me due to a false denunciation of my former boss that I want to pay for this. My question is if I have a chance to gain rehabilitate my name. I mention that I worked without contracts for this man and I have some proof pictures and written proof from Police.

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

What do you mean by rehabilitation in this sense please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After this whole thing I'm in a Police database and I think will affect my future and I want to remove my name out from there or to give me a letter I was wrong arrested.

I am sorry but there's no prospect of that happening.

Are you enhanced checked or standard?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm not sure I understand the question?

Ok. No problem.

What level of checking are you facing by your employer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have no problem to be checked


What I need to know is what level of checking will your employers do?

What type of work do you do?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I worked from Monday to Friday in a warehouse that is manage by my former boss and I worked on Saturday or Sunday at his home in his garden and where he accused me I stole some stuff, then proving to the police that I was not even that day in the city where he lives.


You are almost certainly basic checked. Unless you are charged and convicted of this offence this will not show on basic CRB checking.

They should remove your prints and DNA from the data base under the new rules.

They are not going to give you a letter suggesting that you were wrongly arrested because you were not. An allegation had been made and they had to investigate so the arrest was lawful. That won't have much impact though because it will not show on basic checking.

Can I clarify anything for you?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can I sue my ex boss for wrong allegation or something else? and if yes I have a chance to win? because I want to pay for this?

It depends on the circumstances but the truth is thats its unlikely.
You would have to prove that the allegation was false rather than just disbelieved which is hard to do unfortunately.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I know it was false because the things that he say were stolen were not the only value of his house, and if someone would have broken his house would have taken everything would be found not just only some things who I do not know what reason he says they were stolen.

Yes, it probably is false but its hard to prove that. The fact that an allegation is not credible does not prove it was false.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is your advice: I must look to get revenge, or I just sit quietly?

It is quite unlikely that there will be anything you can do about this I'm afraid.

If there is any evidence that this was a false allegation the police will pick him up for perverting or give him a wasting police time fine.
Jo C. and 3 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you