Thomas Judge
Thomas Judge, Solicitor Advocate
Experience:  Award winning lawyer with over 15 years experience

Hello. I have an illness/disability which effects my cognitive

Hello. I have an illness/disability which effects my cognitive functioning so I sometimes struggle with things like following directions and short-term memory recall. This has made it very hard for me to prepare my case for court (I am a litigant in person), and has meant there have been errors in my paperwork.

Are their any guidelines as to what leniency (if any) is provided in such a case? And if so, what do I need to tell whom?

I was afraid of mentioning it in case my judgement and long-term was called into question, which would effect my case....(?)

Thanks for your question. Please remember to click ACCEPT once you get my answer.

What area of law does this relate to
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Fast Track

There is sadly no guidance to the court in such cases. You should mention to the judge and provide any medical evidence and the judge will be sympathetic and be as fair as possible during the trial.