UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

How long do I have to stay in the UK on a Tier 2 (general)

How long do I have to stay in the UK on a Tier 2 (general) before applying for indefinite leave to remain? I understand that generally it is 5 years, but someone once mentioned that you can apply a month early (i.e. 4 years and 11 months); is this true?
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE.

That is true in the sense that you are able to apply for indefinite leave to remain 28 days prior to your 5 years in the uk on a tier 2 visa. Please see following link :

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
is there anything else I can assist you with, if not kindly rate my answer positively.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it possible to get a same-day appointment during this 28 days?

Thank you for your reply.

Yes of course, you are able to submit your application using the same-day service if you are with the 28 day limit.

I hope this clarifies the matter.

Kind regards