Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB (HONS) Over 23 years legal experience specialising in Property law and Wills/Estates

Hello, I am the executor to my mothers will. I have also been

Hello, I am the executor to my mother's will. I have also been left her house, and all it's contents. Any money that is left once my mums accounts are settled, is to be divided between myself, my brother and my older sister. My mother has stipulated that I am to receive 50%, while my brother and sister are to receive 25% each. My sister isn't happy that I have been left in control, as I am the youngest of 5. The other two sisters hadn't seen my mother in some 20 years. My mum was intending to change her will to cut my brother and my other sister out, as I was the only one who did anything for her. My sister and her daughter have been sending me hate mail. Can I legally cut my sister out of the will? Or do I have to fulfill what is stated on the will?

Hi there,

Thanks for your enquiry.

As your Mother did not get round to changing her Will, the contents of the existing Will is legal and as Executor, you are legally bound to carry out the administration of the Estate and divide the Estate in accordance with the contents of the Will.

I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but if I have answered your question, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.

Kind Regards