How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Aston Lawyer Your Own Question
Aston Lawyer
Aston Lawyer, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 10424
Experience:  LLB (HONS) Over 23 years legal experience specialising in Property law and Wills/Estates
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Aston Lawyer is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hello, I am the executor to my mothers will. I have also been

This answer was rated:

Hello, I am the executor to my mother's will. I have also been left her house, and all it's contents. Any money that is left once my mums accounts are settled, is to be divided between myself, my brother and my older sister. My mother has stipulated that I am to receive 50%, while my brother and sister are to receive 25% each. My sister isn't happy that I have been left in control, as I am the youngest of 5. The other two sisters hadn't seen my mother in some 20 years. My mum was intending to change her will to cut my brother and my other sister out, as I was the only one who did anything for her. My sister and her daughter have been sending me hate mail. Can I legally cut my sister out of the will? Or do I have to fulfill what is stated on the will?


Hi there,


Thanks for your enquiry.


As your Mother did not get round to changing her Will, the contents of the existing Will is legal and as Executor, you are legally bound to carry out the administration of the Estate and divide the Estate in accordance with the contents of the Will.


I am sorry this is not the answer you were looking for, but if I have answered your question, I would be grateful if you could leave positive feedback.


Kind Regards


Aston Lawyer and 2 other UK Law Specialists are ready to help you