Max Lowry
Max Lowry, Advocate
Experience:  LLB, 10 years post qualification experience

I became yesterday charged with possession with intent to deliver

I became yesterday charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana
Hi, welcome to Just Answer. I will help you with your question.

What would you like to know about this please?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

3 years ago I was arrested for possession of one gram of marijuana and one gram of cocaine, I got a warning. 4 years ago as I got a bag of marijuana and 180 pounds yesterday was charged with possession with intent to deliver. about 3 ounces divided in small bags. what threatens me?

Are they saying that you were intending to supply to the ultimate user?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

possess with intent to supply a controlled drug of class b-cannabis

Yes, okay. I think in reality, you're probably looking at a high-end community service order. This probably means something in the order of 240 hours community service or something like that.

If you're worried about prison, whilst a very short sentence is a possibility, I suspect it's probably unlikely. You are within the lower level, being under 100 g, although the previous offence is a little troubling, but many other factors are considered. On balance, I suspect you will probably get a community Order.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am an immigrant from Polish. I live here with my family and me the most about it lest you get 12 months in prison because then I will have to deport Polish

You don't need to worry about receiving 12 months in prison. That is a completely different category of offence.

I hope this answers your question. Please do remember to rate the answer as highly you can for me.

Do you need any further information from me on this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I should look for a lawyer in private or maybe the ex officio enough to get me to not closed the prison?

It's always good to get a solicitor to represent you if you can to explain to the court all the mitigation circumstances. This should help you but there are no guarantees that a solicitor would necessarily get you a lesser sentence on conviction.