Joshua
Joshua, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons), Higher Prof. Dip. Law & Practice
35043042

Can you help make my letter of complaint more effective for

Can you help make my letter of complaint more effective for me please?
Here is the information.
Dear Sirs,
Re itinerary number: 14xxxx
I booked a flight and hotel on your website.
The description of flight on the order confirmation was "3Economy/Coach Class (19B), EMB-145".
When I checked in on Flybe website the guide said that economy tickets included 20Kg of baggage.
http://www.flybe.com/flightInfo/baggage.htm
When I arrived at the airport I was told after waiting a long time to go to another desk and buy a baggage allowance for £40. I was able to buy the return journey baggage allowance on-line for £21.
This added £61 to the cost of the trip. Please reimburse me for this additional cost.

Joshua :

Thanks for your question. Please kindly RATE my answer when you are satisfied

Joshua :

From which site did you buy the ticket please?

Customer:

expedia.com

Customer:

hello

Joshua :

I am very sorry for the delay in reverting to you - I have not been available over the weekend.

Joshua :

Did you receive an explanation from the airline as to why you were being charged for luggage if your ticket purported to include the same?

Customer:

they simply said that expedia had not bought a baggage allowance. I showed them I had an economy reservation and the person at the desk noted it did not say "new economy" I appointed out on her it was not essential ticket

Joshua :

Thanks.

Joshua :

Finally have you been able to examine the terms associated with your Expedia purchase to confirm whether they provide that the ticket does not have a baggage allowance or confirm that you have bought a type of ticket that does not have a baggage allowance associated with it? Or is there nothing to demonstrate this either way?

Customer:

I have not found anything that says it does not have a baggage allowance.

Joshua :

Thanks.

Joshua :

You may wish to consider the following:

Joshua :

Dear Sirs
Re itinerary number: 14xxxx

I booked a flight and hotel via your website. The flight I booked provided for "3Economy/Coach Class (19B), EMB-145". I confirmed on Flybe website that economy tickets include 20Kg of baggage http://www.flybe.com/flightInfo/baggage.htm. There was no indication or advice on your website that provded that the above ticket did not include a baggage allowance.

Upon arriving at the airport I was advised that I had to buy a baggage allowance for £40 and that I was able to buy the return journey baggage allowance on-line for £21.

Accordingly this added £61 to my ticket which I understood was to have been included.

Accrodingly there appears to be a breach of contract on your part under the provisions of the Supply of Goods and Services Act as the ticket I have purchased is not as described as no provisions that baggage allowance was not included as per Flybes standard terms was made. Accordingly the ticket is not as described.

I therefore look forward to your cheque in the sum of £61 by way of refund for the additional charges wthin 10 working days of the date of this letter. I f I do not receive a substantive responde within this timeframe I shall have little alternative but to issue proceedings against you in the County Court for recovery of the above sum together with fees and interest at 8% per annum under the provisions of s69 County Courts Act.

Yours.

Joshua :

Is there anything above I can clarify for you?

Customer:

thanks

Joshua :

A pleasure