UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.

I am applying for residence card using BR5, my passport is

I am applying for residence card using BR5, my passport is out of date and the renewed one has not arrived yet. Will the UKBA process my application using my residence permit card instead of my passport?
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE.

Yes you may apply for your residence card application if you feel that your new passport will take a long time to arrive. What you may wish to do is write a letter to the home office stating that you are applying with your expired passport, but if your new passport comes before a decision on your application is made you will send this to the home office.

In any event the home office will accept your expired passport and should make a decision using your expired passport.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards