Clare, Solicitor
Experience:  family solictor with 25 years experience

when does university education end. When semester and exams

when does university education end. When semester and exams completed or graduation or start of next academic year
Thank you for your question I shall do my best to assist you
In the old days when it was still possible for students to claim benefits it was held that it ended at the end of the Official Term for that institution
I am not aware of anything that has changed that in the intervening years
I hope that this is of assistance
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have court order reads:

"The applicant do pay or cause to be paid to the respondent periodical payments for the benefit of .........and.......... at a rate of £....... per month per child until said children shall attain the age of 18 or complete full time tertiary education whichever is the later or further order"

the official end of term is June 18th and one of the children has now completed degree. Am I correct in assuming that the maintenance payments for that child have ceased from that date.

thanks for your help

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Relist: Answer came too late. Very happy with Clares answer and response but just would like definitive confirmation that my interpretation is correct.

My apologies for the delay
Yes your responsibility has now ended