Alice H
Alice H, Solicitor/Partner
Experience:  Partner in national law firm
30932268

Hi ive got finance agreement with hitachi and now ive lost

Hi i've got finance agreement with hitachi and now i've lost my job so i no longer can afford monthly payment i've tried callin them and explaining my situation but they not having any of it finance is for bout £5000.00..i know its gonna mess my credit history but i cant helpt it...they keep ringing me everyday despite explaing them my situation...what are my rights or how do i go bout it...botXXXXX XXXXXne is cannot afford to pay them till i find another job..

Thanks

N
Hello and welcome to Just Answer.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm happy to help with your question today.

Do you have any kind of insurance which will pay out?

What does the finance agreement say about repayments when unemployed?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No i havent got any insurance that may pay out and i'm not quite sure bout unemployememt, i may have to re read the agreement.

Thanks

N

Hi-

Usually finance houses expect you to maintain repayments even if unemployed. It is down to you, the customer, to ensure that you have insurance or some other arrangement in place to cover the payments if ill or unemployed. Its unlikely you will be exit the agreement without paying a penalty.

Alex
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok...but in this case i cannot pay...and one last question after this i'll rate and close the question so you get paid...i wont go in jail or anything yeah?

Thanks

N

Hi Nish

I can't help on the payment aspect I'm afraid, but I can confirm that non-payment of a debt is not an arrestable offence. Not making the payments is a civil matter not a crime.

Alex