How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Senior Partner Your Own Question
Senior Partner
Senior Partner, Solicitor
Category: UK Law
Satisfied Customers: 13323
Experience:  30 years experience in business law and related topics such as employment law
Type Your UK Law Question Here...
Senior Partner is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hi Im really desperate fr advice my husband has left me n

Customer Question

Hi I'm really desperate fr advice my husband has left me n my three yrs old daughter mm just a month after he got his British passport nd I not once saw it. Then he tried to migrate to Canada.. a day after he left home but was unsuccessfull in going. Can the home office take away his British passport.
Submitted: 3 years ago.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your question. Can you explain why his passport should be taken away? Was it obtained fraudulently? do I assume that he was not originally a British Citizen ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I settled him here he's originally from pakistan, once he's received it a month later he's left me n my daughter this was in may 4 2013

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
Ok but to obtain British Citizenship he would have had to obtain settlement and then live here for a year before applying to be naturalised. It is very sad that your marriage has broken down but that does not mean his citizenship should be revoked unless there is evidence that he obtained it fraudulently.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.. but because I have reported it to mp n home office I have given them evidence that he has obtained it fraudently. Because he only married me for British passport.

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
yes I understand that but to be blunt that allegation is allegation is common. What evidence do you have ? Just because he left you immediately after getting British citizenship creates a string suspicion but it is not evidence at law. What did he do that shows he was being dishonest?

hat is your objective here? Having his citizenship revoked will not benefit you or your child . Much better would be to get proper financial support.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have evidence that he was in the marriage for false protense, bec he was cheating on me but I had given him chances.. only when he said of I don't help him apply hid indefinite leave to remain he will leave me. I did put all this in writing and sent it to the home office the reply they gave me is that, they will investigate.

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
Ok so if the UKBA are investigating this what else do you want to know? there is power to revoke citizenship if they find he obtained it by deception but. What else do you want to know about this?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Because he's obtained it by deception would they revoke it, and also a month before he left home I never saw his passport.

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
There is power under the Nationality Act 1981 to revoke citizenship if it is obtained by deception so they might well do so if there is clear evidence. You mention you never saw his passport. Is there a reason you would expect to ? What else can I tell you ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I meant to say his naturalization date and that he never mentioned he got the passport.. I never knew about anything he never told me even though I'm his wife.

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
OK when did he get ILR because you cannot apply for naturalisation until 12 months after that. And of course it takes some time
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He got his ILR In April 2012

Expert:  Senior Partner replied 3 years ago.
Ok then how do you know he has got citizenship as he could not apply before april this year and it usually takes a while to process. He then has to apply for a passport.

Anyway I am not sure what else I can advise you on. Let me know but I notice you have given me a bad rating for my answers which means I get no credit for my time.

Let me know what else you want to know

JustAnswer in the News:

Ask-a-doc Web sites: If you've got a quick question, you can try to get an answer from sites that say they have various specialists on hand to give quick answers... seen a spike since October in legal questions from readers about layoffs, unemployment and severance.
Web sites like
...leave nothing to chance.
Traffic on JustAnswer rose 14 percent...and had nearly 400,000 page views in 30 days...inquiries related to stress, high blood pressure, drinking and heart pain jumped 33 percent.
Tory Johnson, GMA Workplace Contributor, discusses work-from-home jobs, such as JustAnswer in which verified Experts answer people’s questions.
I will tell you that...the things you have to go through to be an Expert are quite rigorous.

What Customers are Saying:

  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
< Previous | Next >
  • A quick response, a succinct and helpful answer in simple English. I believe I can now confront the counter party with confidence -- worth the 30 bucks! Rick Leeds, UK
  • I did not know a French Law service existed and I was very impressed with the speed of reply --- very professional. Many thanks! Ms. Baker Alfafar, Spain
  • Thank you so much for your help. Your answers were really useful and came back so quickly. Great! Maggie USA
  • Wonderful service, prompt, efficient, and accurate. Couldn't have asked for more. I cannot thank you enough for your help. Mary C. Freshfield, Liverpool, UK
  • This expert is wonderful. They truly know what they are talking about, and they actually care about you. They really helped put my nerves at ease. Thank you so much!!!! Alex Los Angeles, CA
  • Thank you for all your help. It is nice to know that this service is here for people like myself, who need answers fast and are not sure who to consult. GP Hesperia, CA
  • I couldn't be more satisfied! This is the site I will always come to when I need a second opinion. Justin Kernersville, NC

Meet The Experts:

  • Ben Jones

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
< Last | Next >
  • Ben Jones's Avatar

    Ben Jones

    UK Lawyer

    Satisfied Customers:

    Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
  • INC's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    LL.B, Pg.Dip, LL.M, M.B.A (Pending), Solicitor-Advocate. UK Practising Certificate issued by SRA., DIFC Courts Registered (Dubai)
  • Jenny Mackenzie's Avatar

    Jenny Mackenzie

    Satisfied Customers:

    Over 10 years experience in general legal matters
  • Matthew J's Avatar

    Matthew J


    Satisfied Customers:

    4 y PQE (Partner) - Commercial / Residential Property & Property and Civil litigation experience
  • Stuart J's Avatar

    Stuart J


    Satisfied Customers:

    PGD Law. 20 years legal profession, 6 as partner in High Street practice
  • Clare's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    family solictor with 25 years experience
  • Thomas's Avatar



    Satisfied Customers:

    BA (Hons), PgDip, Practising Solicitor