Get UK Law Questions Answered by Verified Experts
The whole contract to convert my hardwood conservatory to an orangery, including the doors and aluminium orangery roof was £35,000 . I paid 10% deposit
The cost now to put right the mess they have made could be in the region of £50,000
Please note, in my original question I said they arsked for a scheduled payment - it should have read UN-SCHEDULED payment of £7,000. This amount is not on the schedule of payments
I seem to be waiting a very long time for your response, please can you reply
Are you going to answer me, I have waited nearly 2 hours. I've paid the money, please will you answer.
When I asked my question, it stated you were there ready to answer, so I paid the money. I have now waited over 4 hours for a response. If you are unable to answer my question, please can you pass it to someone who can.
Thank you for your question. I am sorry that you had to wait for an answer. So you are aware, the experts on the site and independent and most like me are practising lawyers so we are not online all the time. The answer to your question very much depends upon the contract . Title to goods you purchase usually passes to you on delivery even if you have not paid for them but some sellers expressly provide that title is retained by the seller until payment is made. So you need to check the contract. If it does not cover the point you can assume the doors are yours. Even if they are not yours where you have paid some money ,and they are in breach of contract you are likely to have a claim against them for damages for breach of contract which would greatly exceed the cost of the doors so if they sued you you could counterclaim
Citizens Advice this morning have said the doors do not belong to me and I must give the company 30 days to collect them. If they do not respond, I can use/dispose of and if they come back later they will have to sue me.
The Terms state title is theirs until goods are paid for. I want to keep and the doors and use them to continue the build (don't have a builder at the moment) I have a chartered building surveyor coming this afternoon to write a full report on the state of the work done and thae fact that the roof I bought from them could NEVER be installed, it would collapse as it requires piers to support it. No piers were ever being built. I consider keeping the doors as a very small means of offsetting the cost to me to put right their bad work. I guess if I give them 30 days to take the doors and glazing away, they will turn up for it and then I have lost evenmore. Who is right here, you or CAB
I am not going to sue them, I know I am flogging a dead horse. I know I would win the day, the evidence (photographic and surveyors report is damming) but they have already dissolved 2 companies of the same name, the 3rd has the same name and address too. (the one I have the contract with) I believe they have nothing, not even company vans or tools. They subbed out the work, contrary to their website blurb. I don't know if they plan to sue me. They do not respond to my letters.
They also have one of my hardwood frames that I need in the build, they will not return it so I now have to find a carpenter to reproduce this frame. I also have to have the brickwork they done, re-done.
Just to clarify please, should I go ahead and use the materials they have left or give notice of 30 days to collect them and hope they don't. AM I leaving myself open to further problems later if I use the materials
They are not the manufacturer or supplier. They bought them from another company who supplied them direct to my house for installation by the company I have the contract with. Same with the roof, except that never turned up. The cost of the doors I would guess is circa £5/6k plus installation which never happened, and the glazing units, again, from somewhere else. I was supposed to be supplied with 36 Units, 15 were delivered, the rest have never shown up. I have no idea of the cost of the 15 units on site, the manufacturer will not speak to me as I am not trade.If they have not paid their invoices to these suppliers, then the supplier still owns them, if they have paid, then they (Art Of Glass) own them. By the way, another customer of Mrs Ganna Peatfield - Art Of Glass, Heathfield, contacted you 2 years ago, it is still on line to read. I wish I new what happened in the end.
Do you mean serve notice to Art Of Glass. If they don't respond and don't collect them, are they then mine to do as I wish
How much Notice do I need to give in each of the 2 Notices
O.K. lastly, does my communications with you have to be posted online. Ganna Peatfield is well aware of the site and has read the other complaint. It would seem a bad idea to post when we are still in dispute with each other.