Jenny Mackenzie
Jenny Mackenzie,
Experience:  Over 10 years experience in general legal matters

i am working as a salaried GP Doctor in England for 3 years

i am working as a salaried GP Doctor in England for 3 years with a partner who is about 70 years old but has problem of not retiring and making mistakes due to her short term term memory problem which i cover her mistakes as much i could and these mistakes are detrimental to the patients
now she brought her newly trained daughter in GP ans she started working 2 sessions a week,last moth the boss-her mum called us and offer me a partnership which in last week he daughter came to me and said that i am a partner,i just listened and didn't say anything.i know she is very jealous with me as the patients prefer to see see as in have made a very good rapport with the patients and staff,
i wanted to know can a mum Gp can employ her newly trained gp daughter in her surgery without advertising the job and interview and would the CCG/GMC allow it,i mean is it legal.she is also making mistakes in prescribing and delay referral of cancer patient routely instead of 2 week rule.i have got enough evidence about mother and daughter mistakes.
my main question is is it legal to employ newly trained daughter as GP by mum GP in her surgery.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer, there is no law to prevent a person from employing a family member. There is no law which says that a job must be externally advertised at all. The only law that is relevant is discrimination law, a person who might want to apply for the position may have an argument that the failure to advertise the position is discriminatory, in that it is an attempt to prevent a person of a particular race, religion, disability, sex, or sexual orientation from applying for a particular post. If there is no such comparator then there is no breach of law.

I would suggest if you have adequate evidence of mistakes that you report them to the GMC.

If you have any further questions please ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would give my answer a positive rating. Thank you and all the best.