Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'

Hi Ben. If they were to sue me, what actions could I take to

Hi Ben. If they were to sue me, what actions could I take to delay the case. Also, how long, roughly, would it normally take to come to court?

Ben Jones :

Hello again, delaying the case may not always be possible unless you try and claim that they have no reasonable prospects of success and try to get the court to decide whether they do have a case and whether they should be allowed to proceed. As to how long it will take to get to court, that will depend on how busy the local courts are, but it would usually take a couple of months before it gets anywhere near a final hearing, sometimes even longer.

Thanks Ben