Jenny Mackenzie
Jenny Mackenzie,
Experience:  Over 10 years experience in general legal matters

My wife bought me a treadmill on line for my birthday, and

My wife bought me a treadmill on line for my birthday, and paid for it through our joint account with my visa debit card. We have just recieved the delivery through a one man delivery service. We have noticed that the item is not the correct model that was ordered. We have tried contacting who we bought it from and we only get an answerphone, we have left a number of messages but no one is getting back to us. What should we do as the item they have had delivered is inferior by the sum of £1500. We have signed for delivery and had to open the item to realise this problem.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer, is anyone actually answering the phone when you try to contact the retailer?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No it's just rings and then there is an answer phone message but we have left a number of messages explaining the problem but no replys
Ok you have the right to receive the item you paid for .

Their registered office address is on the website on this link

You should write to them to say that you have left several phone messages and that you have been sent the wrong item. You should give them 7 days to respond and state that if they do not rectify the matter you will have no alternative but to report them to trading standards and / or take court action to rectify the situation.

Hopefully that will concentrate the mind and they will put matters right on receipt of your letter.

If you have any follow on questions please ask. If I have answered your question I would be grateful if you would give my answer a positive rating. Thank you and all the best.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
What about the item recieved should I send it back and at who's cost coz I don't have the first idea who would transport the item as its so large and heavy I'd imagine it'll cost a bit to send!
The return should be at their cost. You should ask them to arrange collection in your letter.

I would be grateful if you would be do kind as to rate my answer as i am not otherwise credited for my time.