Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  Specialist in UK Law with expertise in UK Employment Law

hi i was a victim of domestic violance 3 weeks ago where

Customer Question

hi i was a victim of domestic violance 3 weeks ago where by my partner burnt me on my left arm with an iron. and as a result was arrested and is on bail and had his hear on the 8th july at the magistrates court. having thought things through for 3 week and been married for 41 yrs and been aware he has learnt his lesson i reatracted my statement. but during thr process at first he was being charged for a lesser ofence which would hv just gone to magistrated court but somehoe it got changed for a higher ofence and id going to the crown court. i did not think it would hv got to this stage. is there any thing i can do to take the whole thing back without going any further plse help /advice my options
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will try to help with this.

In order to give you an answer tailored to your circumstances, I will just need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Is this the first time he has been in trouble?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

JOMO1972 yes i would like this to be kept in confidance and not put on the website plse

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i do not want to carry on with this advice any more sorry about this

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
No problem

I'll ask customer services to look at it for you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do i withdraw a case that will be going to the crown court ; what help and options are available to me ;

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hi thanks for being there for me. i want to know how do i withdraw / STOP this case from going to the crown court and what advice , help or options are there for me to get my partner back home (as i feel that he has learnt his lesson. )

i have worked in the retail for more than 30 yrs , as a manager with well known brands as a branch manager and long side done a BA Hons in bussiness studies and had to bring up my family. my partner is not very educated but is very highly skilled in his engineering job but is very naive and is easy lead. i f he gets locked up then i will have to rely on the state for care etc my house will go as well , my 3 kids have their own lives . so whatt are my options

forgot to mention i have parkisons for the last 6 yrears

Optional Information:
System of Law: England-and-Wales

Already Tried:
i have parkinsons fo the last 6 years he has been drinking more . have talked to the family which is torn apart will make them take sides ; have made him realase what is did is not acceptable

Expert:  Jo C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi

Can I just confirm you want to carry on ? I did ask customer services o close the question for you.