Ben Jones
Ben Jones, Solicitor
Experience:  Specialist in UK Law with expertise in UK Employment Law
29905560

High court in Kedah, Malaysia has given a judgment on December

Customer Question

High court in Kedah, Malaysia has given a judgment on December 5, 2012 that I (plaintiff) will be getting my promotion to a senior lecturer post and be paid all the reimbursement and all back-pay allowances at 4% since April 11, 2010 and 8% rate of interest after the judgment on 5 December 2012. I won the case but I did not any exemplary damages by the judge.

The defendant and I as Plaintiff have made an appeal to court of appeal and we are still waiting for the date from the Court of Appeal. I hope to get the exemplary damages by the court of appeal, hopefully.

There is a fact stating that all lecturers with Phd will be given a senior position without any condition. This is stated clearly on the defendant's website.

Why do my defendants take the matter to court of appeal if it is obvious (fact) that they should give my position (senior position) without delaying in the execution of the judgement. Please provide help that I can use to help my lawyer state her case and win this appeal.
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I am a moderator for this topic. Thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com.

It was brought to our attention that you asked a legal question about Malaysia, where we do not have active professionals. As much as we would like to assist you, we have to be honest and say that the best we can do is provide a legal Internet researcher who might be able to find your answer. We realize that option is not ideal, and we always want to provide our customers with the best possible answer.

At this time, we'd like to give you the option of leaving your question open. Keep in mind that you're never obligated to accept an answer that you're not satisfied with, and you can try it out before you accept. Or, we can close your question page for you, if you prefer.

Thank you for your understanding,
Wendy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I need a case laws (from UK) to support my claim that there is no issue of nugatory involved and the defendants (my employer) will have to grant me the seniorpost position without any condition. The fact is clearly stated that I will get my promotion without any condition.

My lawyer and I are trying to find case laws regarding the issue that there is no special circumstance for the defendants to grant me the promotion as directed by the high court judge on 5.12.12.

Thank you.

Expert:  Wendy-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the clarification. We will continue our search for a professional to help you.

Regards,
Wendy
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 1 year ago.

We are still working with the professionals to find you the best possible match. I wanted to touch base to see if you still needed a professional’s assistance.

Please let me know if you would like to continue to wait or if you would like to cancel your question at this time. We sincerely apologize for the extended wait time.