BIZIPESQ
BIZIPESQ,

How does one determine extent of damage to the author/lecturere

How does one determine extent of damage to the author/lecturere in a plagiarism case?
Category: UK Law
Expert:  BIZIPESQ replied 1 year ago.

BizIPEsq. :

Hello, I will be assisting you

BizIPEsq. :

Could please explain the nature of the underlying claim and the work that was plagiarized?

Customer:

I am the mother-in-law so do not understand everything I should. I am trying to help my son-in-law What I know is that he has hired a barrister(s) in England over the fact that he has discovered that the Police Department took his printed work (he has written 9 books) on how to train dogs, and has used his material word for word in their police manual for policemen who are dog handlers. He knows I think how many years they have used this material in their training, but doesn't know how many times they have had training sessions. He does not know how many people who have read for free off their website his ideas for training various kinds of dogs for various kinds of works, sohe doesn't know how to determine his loss there. He does know what he himself charges for the seminars he gives to dog trainers all over the world, and knows how many of these seminars he does and what he charges. But he does not know how to determine what his monetary loss could be for the years that they have lifted his work year after year and put on their website. I am trying to help by finding out what figures he could use to determine his loss as his barrister(s) say this is the weakest part of the case, and something he has to determine. How would he go about figuring this out

BIZIPESQ,
Experience: 
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I am Law Denning and I am a practising solicitor in a High Street practice. I have been an expert on this website in UK law since 2008. During that time, as you appreciate, I have answered thousands of questions from satisfied users on a variety of subjects.

Because we are all in practice with clients and court and other users, I might not always respond in minutes, particularly evenings and weekends. Please bear with me in that case

It is my pleasure to try and assist you with this today.

I need some more information please.

Is this based in the UK ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes. it is based in the uk.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. How many copies of the books has he sold in the past?
At what nett cost?
Basically multiply how many books Police have printed by how much he gets nett per book and that is a starting point.
If Police wont tell how many they have printed you can apply for a court order to make them and ask court to award costs against them.
the barrister should have told you this. That's what you paid him for in part.

Does that answer the question?

Please don't forget to positively rate my answer service (even if it was not what you want to hear).
If you don't rate it positively, then the site keep your deposit and I get 0 for my time. It is imperative that you give my answer a positive rating. I
t doesn’t give me, “a pat on the head”, “good boy” (like ebay), it is my livelihood!
If in ratings you feel that you expected more or it only helped a little, please ask.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dear Mr. Denning,

The wedding of my granddaughter is today and I have been involved in showers etc. so haven't had time to determine if this answer is adequate. I will get back toyou when the wedding is over.

Thanks.

Sue E.
Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
No worries. Enjoy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I rated your help as good. Thank you very much. You answeredmy question. I wasn't sure which one of you answered it as they keep putting someone names Bizexpert or somesuch up, so I put the smile under that as I can't find a smile under your hname. But anyway, my question was answered tomy satisfaction. Thank you very much.

Expert:  Stuart J replied 1 year ago.
Glad to help.
L