UK_Lawyer
UK_Lawyer, Solicitor
Experience:  I am a qualified solicitor and an expert in UK law.
66967392

Hi, My bisness visit visa is refused, my two sons general visa

Hi, My bisness visit visa is refused, my two sons general visa is refused as well by the British embassy at Tripoli Libya, they didnot consider all the financial letters i submitt or may not understand the financial support I submitted, I have sabatical leave from zawia university for one acadimic year, i got invitation from Cardiff University for three months and I have stated I will stay only one month. they stated that i have a limitted appeal under the section 84(1) c of the nationality immgration and Asylum 2002 i donot understand my relation to Immegration and Asylum, i didnot ask for asylum i am only acadmic vistor to cardiff university, do i have to use the same visa caegory for my sons (i.e Busness vist or general vist). i would like to make appeal what to do thanks
Hi thank you for your question. Please remember to RATE my answer OK SERVICE, GOOD SERVICE OR EXCELLENT SERVICE.

What visa did your sons apply for?
What was the main reasons for refusal?

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
UK LawyerMy sons applay for general visit and i have stated that i will pay for thier living, they will stay with me because they under 18 the main reason, they said that I have applied as a general visitor not as a business visitor and this is not correct because i have applied as a buisness vistor, and they are not satisfied that i will not have employment on my return to Libya, this is funny I don't know how they conclude this,he or they are not satisfied that i will leave Uk at the end of my visit, they compain that i have decleared income is not demonstrated in my bank statment, the decleared income was the total of 49000 libyan dinnars that the University deposite to me for my sabatical leave, they should note that this more than enough to pay for my visit, they state that i have not submitt the source of these funds, they didnot notice that it is on the University official paper and has the logo.at the end they state"therefore i am not satisfied that you will be maintained and accomodated in the UK without working or having recourse to public funds or an able to meet the cost of return or onward journey as required by paragraph, 41(vi) and (vii)of HC395
Thank you for your reply.

You now have 3 options:

1. You apply for a reconsideration, stating that you feel that the decision was incorrect and that you had provided the home office with the documents that they requested. You should then take what they have stated in the refusal letter point by point and submit evidence of why you believe that an incorrect decision was made on your application.

You need to write the letter and attach evidence such as bank statements, university letter etc and sent it to the embassy in Libya. So send it to the same place where your refusal came from, the name or department of the person who refused the visa should be at the end of the letter and you should quote your reference number when you write back to them.

You should state in your letter that you submitted the documents at appeal and the documents were not considered. The letter of reconsideration takes between 2 - 3 months.

2. You appeal the decision AND also write the letter of reconsideration as I stated above, this way if the embassy do not reconsider your application then you will still have an appeal to fall back on. However please beware that an appeal can take up to a year.

3. You should submit a new application enclosing the required documents again. This would be the fastest way of obtaining a visa.

In either of the option above, you will need to make sure you clearly state on the covering letter the documents you are sending and that the documents show that you have the required funds to meet the immigration rules.

You may also want to submit an affidavit confirming that you are willing support your children while they are in the UK. In addition you may also want to provide further evidence of your connections to Libya ie employment,study etc the home office have become very strict in allowing people to enter the UK if they cannot show finance or intention to return to their home country.

I hope this answers your question if so kindly rate my answer positively so I can get credited for my time. If however you feel that the answer does not cover all the points raised in your question please DO NOT rate my answer negatively I will be happy to answer further question until you are satisfied with my answer.

Kind regards
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
UK Lawyer

you didn,t answer my eqution for the the visa type of my sons?
I will raise an appeal where can I get the appeal forms?
Thank you for your reply.

The type of visa for your sons will be a general visitors visa please see following link :

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/visas-immigration/visiting/general/apply/

In respect of appealing you will need form IAFT 2 please see the following link :

http://www.justice.gov.uk/forms/hmcts/immigration-and-asylum

I hope this answers your question.

Kind regards