Ben Jones
Ben Jones, UK Lawyer
Experience:  Qualified Solicitor - Please start your question with 'For Ben Jones'
29905560

Well, My Mother in law went into full time care some 3 years

Customer Question

Well,
My Mother in law went into full time care some 3 years ago, we suspected the local appointee was dipping into her account and informed social services who were they assured us looking after the account.
Now 3 years later I can see massive cheque payments going out in the months before she went into care, we are getting those looked at.
What I can also see is the person who we thought was dipping into the account has made payments of £2,400 back into the account which must be a substantial sum for them as they are quite poor.
What upsets me is I told social services we thought this was happening but they believed this other person who made every effort to sideline us.
When My mother in law died a last months this person tried to pass herself off as next of kin and bury my mother in law in under a week.
We have now taken over and find Social services made no effort to investigate our concerns and moreover have in effect conspired with this person to wipe us out of our mother in laws life.
It is now apparent that presents were bought 4 christmas' ago and were stolen by those person' s helping before they were posted and other such horrors.
I really don't want the police involved but it's quite nasty, the care home staff think we are monsters (this person moved her and we were not informed and were constantly taken off the list of next of kin we don't know how but every time we contacted the care home they did not seem to know who we were…..).
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!