Alex J.
Alex J., Litigator
Experience:  LLB, LPC, DELF

I feel that I was pressured into pursuing a PPI claim by Kensington

I feel that I was pressured into pursuing a PPI claim by Kensington Finance Ltd (a debt management company) who introduced us to First Target Recoveries Ltd. First Target won a claim but the company who they won from merely took the amount off of the debt held with Kensington Finance. We never received any money ourselves and now First Target want £438 from us. I explained to Kensington at the time that if this happened I would not be able to pay First Target the fee but they said they would take it onto our account with them. I am now getting phone calls everyday from First Target despite talking to both companies twice and writing to them. What can I do?

AJ Genus : Hi Thank you for your question and welcome to Just Answer. I suggest you write to them as follows:
AJ Genus : 1. Tell them that you made entirely clear that you would not be able to pay for their services and only agreed to accept them if you were actually paid a cash settlement;
AJ Genus : 2. You were not paid a cash settlement and the only settlement was by set off- accordingly you deny any liability to them.
AJ Genus : 3.say if they continue to chase you, you will deem it unlawfull harassment under s.40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 which is a criminal offence. You will also reserve the right to report them to Trading Standards.
AJ Genus : I look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards. AJ
Customer: Does this apply even if I signed the agreement?