Kasare
Kasare, Solicitor
Experience:  LLB (Hons)
12488363

What is the process of filing the N215 form when you have raised

What is the process of filing the N215 form when you have raised a claim electronically via Moneyclaim online?
Hi thanks for your question, I will assist you with this.

In order to provide you with the correct advise, can you confirm if you served your particulars of claim separately on the Defendant to the online claim form or were the particulars of claim include on the claim form?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I served the claim online and then sent the "particulars" to the defendant via the post.

Thanks for confirming this.

So to file a certificate of service, you must complete form N215 (here is the link - http://hmctscourtfinder.justice.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n215-eng.pdf) and send to the Northampton County Court within 14 days of service of the particulars of claim on the defendant.

You can file the certificate of service by sending form N215 by e-mail [email protected] However, the subject line to the e-mail must contain the claim number.

Don't forget, you must also file the particulars of claim at the court to which the proceedings are transferred to within 7 days of service of the notice of transfer by the court. If the claim is not transferred from the Northampton County Court, you are not required to
file the particulars of claim unless ordered to do so.

If you require any further assistance, or explanation, please do not hesitate to ask.

Many thanks

Kasare
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Excellent. Thank-you. One last question for completeness:

Is there a time limit between lodging the claim online and sending the defendant the particulars of the claim?

I sent them within 24 hours. So probably got to them within 48 hours.

Do I also send the particualrs with the certificate to the court?

Hi John

No, there is no time limit before you can send the particulars once you have filed the claim online, only a time limit to present the particulars to the Defendant, which is the 14 days from filing the claim. If they were complete and ready then there was no need to wait to send them to the Defendant.

As I have said above, the particulars do not get sent with the Certificate of Service, you send them to the Court where the matter is move to within 7 days of being notified of that Court. Alternatively, if it stays in Northampton, you only file them if ordered to do so.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

Again, if anything else, please ask. If not, I would be grateful if could rate my answer before you log off.

Thanks again

Kasare
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Perfect thanks. Good information.
Your welcome John

If you need anything else in future, please don't hesitate to ask.