Jo C.
Jo C., Barrister
Experience:  Over 5 years in practice.

i have had a fraud investigation interview how long do i have

Customer Question

i have had a fraud investigation interview how long do i have to wait for a decision on this matter
Category: UK Law
Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your question.

In order to give you answer tailored to your circumstances I will need to ask you some preliminary questions so that I can consider your position from all angles.

Is this a DWP interview?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it was income support fraud how long after the interview will i hear about the ext stage of this enquiry

Expert:  Jo C. replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the information.

I’m afraid they can take a long time. The DWP are regularly unacceptably inefficient.

If this is the Social Security Administration Act then that is an either way offence and so they are not under time pressures.

Generally speaking though, if you have been for an interview and the only think left to do is to consider the evidence then you should hear within a few weeks.

The complication arises if they have further investigations to make. Then you could be looking at several months.

If you tell me more about the nature of the allegation then I might be able to tell you more.

Hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more information.